miércoles, 9 de diciembre de 2009

Students from IES Campanar write about Ajka trip (as published in Valencia International and Business News)

Nine teachers and twenty-three students from four secondary schools in Germany, The Czech Republic, Switzerland and Spain visited the Bródy Imre Gimnázium, Szakközépiskola és Ami in Ajka, from the 3rd to the 7th of November 2009. This Hungarian school received both teachers and students with typical Hungarian dances performed by some of their pupils and presented us all with very interesting activities which included a short trip to the charming city of Veszprém and to the beautiful lake of Balaton, often called “The Hungarian Sea”.
The 5 partner schools take part in a multilateral Comenius project –“The School as the Integration Engine”, of which IES Campanar in Valencia is the Coordinator . We also had working sessions together, attended some lessons and tasted some of the most delicious dishes of Hungarian cuisine. The weather was a bit cold for Spanish standards but it did not matter when you are so warmly welcomed. I understand now why you say “Cold hands, warm heart”. Közönöm, Ajka! (Thanks, Ajka).
Fernando Escuin, Reyes Durá, Mercedes de Villegas (The Teachers)
The students write:
Our five days in Hungary were incredible. The first day we were received by a traditional folk dance and we could appreciate their hospitality the very first time we met. On the following days we visited a lot of interesting and famous places. For instance we could see the huge Lake Balaton, with its ducks and sailing ships.
During those days our host families offered us traditional, delicious Hungarian food, rich and spicy and we even tried their most famous drink, palinka, which was very strong. The only problem for us is that they drink nothing but fizzy water.
One day we attended three lessons at the Hungarian school. We could then learn that they loved Spanish football and our most typical dance, flamenco, too, so we spent some time in the afternoon dancing “Macarena”.
Our days there went by too quickly. On our last day, we did a bit of sightseeing in Budapest, the most impressive city I have ever seen. And it is so different from Spain.
Well, it was a great trip and a very interesting way of meeting people from different countries and cultures. I just hope to be able to visit Hungary again.
Álvaro García, 2º Bto B

When we arrived at Ajka, some Hungarian students welcomed us in four different languages and then some boys and girls danced the typical Hungarian folk dance. When they finished, we had to join them and dance too. I liked this very much.
I was able to go to school one day to do the power point presentation we had prepared and to Lake Balaton but, unfortunately I had to spend the rest of the time in bed because I had a cold. Despite this, I loved the journey to Hungary because I felt really good at Vicky’s home and she and her family were very kind to me. I think they are lovely and very good people. I felt my relationship with Vicky was special, I sometimes miss her and I would like her to come to Spain soon.
In my opinion Hungarian culture is only a bit different from ours. The food is quite spicy, so I prefer Spanish dishes much more.
To sum up, in spite of my cold I enjoyed the trip very much. It was also a very good experience and I wouldn’t mind going to Hungary again.
Aida Malek, 2º Bto C

It happened too fast, five days weren’t enough but I enjoy learning about new customs and cultures. My first contact with Hungarians was at the airport waiting for our luggage. I was speaking to my father on the phone and a young girl was smiling. When I finished the conversation, she approached me and asked me where we came from. We talked a little bit and then we exchanged our e-mail addresses. It was nice and a proof of the hospitality of Hungarian people.
Then the students and teachers from the different schools got on a coach and a Czech student spoke to me in Spanish! He said he loved our language and was studying it at school.
When I go abroad, I love tasting new flavours and I always order the strangest thing I see on the menu. The best thing I ate was at Edina’s house, where I was staying. It was a kind of soup with two different kinds of pasta. I also liked a dish they gave me with rice, chicken and mushrooms.
I definitely learnt a lot on this trip and what is clear is that I have improved my English.
Marina Pingarrón 2º Bto B

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario